Education and Outreach Program Assistant
Help us connect people to place, for action
The BRWA is excited to be hiring a watershed enthusiast to join our team. This is a 16-week position, with the possibility of extension for the right candidate, and dependent on grant funding.
The successful candidate will focus on the delivery of our watershed outreach and education programs. Programs vary from working with youth, stewardship groups, landowners, or decision makers. You may be in the river one day, and a board room the next. You must enjoy working with people of all ages and backgrounds, and have a passion for our making our communities more sustainable. This position requires you to show your understanding of watersheds and related issues in the Battle River and Sounding Creek Watershed. Specific duties will vary based on the candidate and grant funding.
Your Duties include:
- Assist in the development, promotion and delivery of education activities and events such as the Finding Common Ground 2.0 energy and climate change learning series, school field trips, and community presentations.
- Assist in the development, promotion and delivery of outreach activities and events such as the Battle River Watershed festival, Saskatoon Pie Baking Competition, and our Annual General Meeting.
- Share your passion and interest for land and water conservation by supporting local stewardship groups.
- Contribute stories and pictures to use in our outreach materials such as newsletters and social media
- Contribute to the Paddle the Battle canoeing guide, including the fun research part.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- You are friendly, outgoing, and organized
- The quality of the work you produce is important to you
- You can lead groups of students in activities and games
- You are comfortable working with various groups of all ages
- You want to work in a fun, creative office environment
- You are a good writer, presenter and public speaker
- You are effective working independently and as part of a team
- You can be available for some work during evenings and weekends for specific events
- You know your way around Microsoft Office, G Suite, and social media
- You have a valid driver’s license and will get a police clearance certificate (you will be reimbursed)
Position is based in Camrose, Alberta
Start date: Spring 2019. On your resume, please indicate if you are a returning student.
Submit your cover letter and resume by March 8th to:
David Samm, General Manager, BRWA.
Mailing Address: Suite 3 5415 49 Ave Camrose, Alberta. T4V 0N6
For more information about us, please take a look around our website, and follow us @BattleRiverWatershed.