The BRWA is hiring a summer student to work on our education and outreach efforts.
Your work will focus on the delivery of our watershed education and outreach programs. This includes class field trips, community events, and communitcation activities. Some in-office research, writing and event coordination will also be part of your job. You must enjoy working with youth and adults and have a passion for our community. This position requires you to show your understanding of watersheds and related issues in the Battle River and Sounding Creek Watershed
Your Duties include:
- Assist in the development, promotion and delivery of education activities and events
- Share your passion and interest for land and water conservation
- Contribute stories and pictures to use in our outreach materials
- Carry out research related to watershed management planning
- Assist with watershed stewardship group citizen science programs
- Conduct community presentations
Qualifications and Requirements:
- You are friendly and organized
- The quality of the work you produce is important to you
- You can lead groups of students in activities and games
- You are comfortable working with various groups of all ages
- You want to work in a fun, creative office environment (love of Saskatoon pie is a bonus!)
- You are a good writer, presenter and public speaker
- You are effective working independently and as part of a team
- You are good at searching for relevant literature in a library or through the internet
- You can be available for some work during evenings and weekends for specific events
- You know your way around Microsoft Office programs and social media
- You have a valid driver’s license
- You are going back to school in the fall and under 30 years old as of May 2017
Position is based in Camrose, Alberta
Wage: $15.00-$17.50 per hour (35 hour work week)
Submit your cover letter and resume by January 30th. 2017 by 12pm MST to: Nathalie Olson, Education and Outreach Coordinator, BRWA, Mail Box 16, 4825 51st Street, Camrose, AB T4V 1R9. Email:firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Download the Job ad here.